Developer Tool Metrics
By Alex Mackenzie at
Every (public!) developer tool usage/revenue metric I've come across + sources.
- Docker: used by 20M developers, 1M paid subs. As of Dec '22. Source
- CircleCI: used by 1M+ developers. As of Jan '23. Source
- npm: used by 11M+ developers. As of Jan '23. Source
- Travis CI: used by 700k+ developers. As of Jan '23. Source
- Bitrise: used by 100k+ developers. As of Jan '23. Source
- Sourcegraph: used by 1.8M developers. As of Jan '23. Source
- Linear: used by 1,000+ companies. As of Jan '22. Source
- BugSnag: used by 6,000+ eng teams. As of Jan '22. Source
- Doppler: used by 22,500 startups/enterprises. As of Feb '23. Source
- Railway: used by 50,000 users. As of Feb '23. Source
- Duo Security: 30,000 customers, $500M ARR. As of 2018. Source
- PagerDuty: 10,806 customers / $125M ARR. As of April 2019. Source
- Merge API: 3,000 customers: including companies like AngelList, TripActions, Divvy by Bill.com Source
- Twilio: 28,000 customers / $237M ARR. As of June 2016. Source
- Digital Ocean: 570,000 customers / $318M ARR. As of Dec 2021. Source
- Cloudflare: 74,873 customers / $270M ARR. As of September 2019. Source
- MongoDB: 40,800 customers in 100+ countries. MongoDB Database platform has been downloaded 365M+ times. As of March 2023. Source
- VueJS: 2.2M weekly downloads.
- Grafana: 10M users. As of April 2023. Source.
- Fauna: Used by 3,500 development teams. As of April 2023. Source.
- Appsmith: Used by 10,000+ teams. As of April 2023. Source
- Codecov: Used by 29,000+ organizations. As of April 2023. Source
- Vanta: Used by 5,000 customers. As of May 2023. Source
- Vercel: 2020 $1M ARR, 2021 $5M ARR, 2022 $24M ARR, Mid-2023 $50M+ ARR. Source